Bharatiya Vayu Sena -Join IAF-Jobs and Notifications
In this article, we are talking about Indian Airforce recruitment and the way by which you can get into IAF. Indian Air Force (IAF), is the section of the Indian Armed Forces. It is one of prestigious appointment by IAF. The online/offline application process for IAF recruitment starts from 20th March 2019. Starting date to submit the application form is 6th August and the last date to submit filled in form is 29th September 2019.
Eligibility- Only unmarried Males of India and Nepal can join. The recruitment is made in two groups. Group X and Group Y.
Group X- For this group candidates are working as a Technical duty like Officers, Pilots, and Navigators.
Group Y- This group Candidates are working as a non-technical duty like administration, logistics, education, war-trainee etc. The aspirant should have passed 10th or 12th std. with minimum 50% marks. They should have taken subjects Mathematics, Physics, and English. If it is a Diploma, then 50% marks should in English from recognized board.
Age- The age of the candidate is minimum 18 and maximum 25. The relaxation of age for OBC is 3 years and SC/ST is 5 years.
Fees- Registration fee is INR 250 which is to be paid online by the candidates.
Documents Required-Applying for IAF Jobs
To get admission in any exam you need certain documents as proof. For IAF admission you need following documents.
- Class 10th or 12th Certificate and Marksheet.
- Engineer Diploma Certificate where ever applicable.
- Passport size photographs with candidate holding a black slate in front of his chest with his name written with white chalk.
- Left thumb impression of the candidate.
- The signature image of the candidate.
- If below 18, the signature of parents or guardian.
- NCC Certificate if any.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Birth certificate.
Job location for IAF exam is conducted all over India. The nationality should be Indian.
Online test will be objective type and questions will be in English and Hindi except for English paper. Candidates who want to write both groups that is group X and group Y, have to write in one sitting, on the same system. Candidates have to qualify in each paper separately in their respective groups.
The exams are conducted in the following pattern.
- Written Test.
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Medical Standard Test (MST)
Written Test for IAF Examination
You can write the paper in either blue or black pen. The duration of the exam is 85 mints. The exam questions will be as per 12th std. syllabus.
The pattern for X Group is-
English-20 marks, Physics 25 marks, and Maths are 25 marks. Time is 60 mints and the questions will be objective types.
The pattern for Y Group is-
English- 100 marks.
Numerical Ability -100 marks.
Reasoning- 100 marks.
Total of 300 marks.
Based on the result of phase 1, The candidate will get a new admit card for the second phase on their registered email ID.
Physical Efficiency Test-
Height- 152.5 cm.
Weight- 55 kg.
- Your chest should be well developed. The minimum range of expansion should be 5 cm.
- There should be no bone or joint diseases.
- You should be free of past mental disease.
- You should have normal hearing.
- Blood pressure should be normal and no past history of any heart disease.
Medical Standard Test
1- Blood Hemogram- HB, TLC, DCC ETC.
2- Urine R/M TEST- This test will tell if there is any kidney disorder. If the candidates have any such disease then he will be outright rejected.
3- Blood Sugar Level- Both the test, that is fasting and two hours of gap between food intake, are tested.
4- Eye Check Up- Your vision should be perfect.
5- Candidates are advised to get tarter and stains removed from their teeth. Their ears should be free of wax.
Some other conditions are the candidates should be physically well developed, capable of enduring severe physical and mental stress. He should be ready to perform duties in any part of the world, climate, and terrain.
In totality, the candidate should be healthy and fit in every way.
After all the tests Interview will be conducted with an Air Force Selection Board, which lasts for five days. Those candidates who pass the interview, which also has intelligence test and psychological test and group discussions, under a medical examination and those who are found suitable are selected on the basis of an All-India merit list.
The rank structure of IAF, from highest to lowest are
1- Air Chief Marshal
2- Air Marshal
3-Air Vice Marshal
4- Air Commodore
5- Group Captain
6- Wing Commander
During the training period, the trainees are entitled to a monthly stipend of 8ooo INR.
The benefits are tremendously good. Apart from salary the following are the perks.
- Fully furnished accommodation.
- Group Insurance Cover of 20 lakh.
- Concessional travel rates during the leave.
- Loans for purchase of things like houses, cars, computers etc
- Medical facilities.
- Membership to clubs and other recreational facilities.
- Schools and transportations for children.
- Various courses (abroad and domestic) to facilitate learning and career growth.
- Retirement benefits like pension, medical facilities etc.
The Indian Air Force is one of the jewels in the crown of India. With the latest cutting-edge technology and cream of the IDF officers and soldiers, the Indian Air Force promises a life of adventure and learning. These are the main Indian Air Force Recruitments and upcoming jobs in defense section.